Just a little blog to document my needlework projects and various other things along the way.

Friday, January 13, 2012

2011 Christmas Ornaments

I would really love to share with you what I am working on right now but since it's a gift I should probably wait until I've given it.  I will take photo's and share the finished product soon!

I can share with you a few things I stitched for Christmas this past year that I had so much fun stitching and not so much fun finishing.  I took a class at Village Sampler on a Saturday that lasted most of the day that was called "Twelve Needles", we learned 12 different stitches that day. We would learn each stitch, do part of the row, park the needle and move on to the next.  Needless to say my eyes were crossed by the time I left, but it was so much fun!  We stitched "Silver Stitches" by Charlotte Smyth of Charlottes Web Needlework from the 2008 edition of Just Cross Stitch Christmas ornament issue. 



I loved this ornament and so enjoyed stitching it that I stitched another one in green for my mom for Christmas backed in green velvet.










In the fall I took another Saturday class at Village Sampler to stitch "O Christmas Tree" by Charlotte Smyth of Charlottes Web Needle Work published in Just Cross Stitch 2009 Christmas Oranament issue.  This ornament wasn't as difficult to stitch as the other and I enjoyed stitching it even more but I'm not happy with my finish work.  This was the first time I ever finished one like this and probably will be my last.  I guess it's not so bad for my first time.



This next ornament is really more of a door knob hanger that I did for my mother in law for Christmas.  Our wonderful shop owner Patty at Village Sampler gave us Sampler Club ladies a kit for Christmas Spot Sampler, Flowers & Friends, Elizabeth's designs by Elizabeth Foster.  I really liked working this little sampler, it was so much fun to stitch!  Well the fun ends there, I had never worked with velvet before and I must have ripped this thing out 20 times before I finally got it right.  I sewed it on the machine and it kept creeping on me, it took an entire day to do the finish work but it was well worth it in the end.  I ended up sewing my mom's (the green one above) by hand since I had such a hard time with this one.














Well that is all for now.  I'm hoping to get some stitching in today, maybe make a big pot of chili and enjoy the snow flurries.  Have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments: