Just a little blog to document my needlework projects and various other things along the way.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blooms!!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how exited I am that two of my house plants have blooms!!!  This is no small thing.  I used to drag half dead violets to my Gramma, who had the most beautiful violets, as does my mother, in the world!  I however did not inherit this house plant violet growing gene.  So imagine my surprise when my violet started blooming, apparently it loves my son's bedroom.  And even more exiting than the violet blooming is the peace lilly that has been on the brink of death since it came to me when my father in law passed five years ago, it has never bloomed and has done good to survive.  Well I guess it also loves my son's room because it too is blooming.  My plants have not always lived in this miracle working plant room, that used to be my daughters room and for about a month was my sewing room until my runaway bunny (my son) came home to live after trying it on his own for a summer.  This room gets the morning sun, which my son hates but the plants love.  So here are my beautiful blooms.

                                               Not quite a bloom yet but it's coming!

                                  These look more blue in this photo but they are the prettiest purple!

11 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for finding your green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if I have found a green thumb, but I did find the right spot for growing plants. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I love it! I am so proud of you. You know this had to happen sooner or later with all the "green Thumbs" in your family. And of course the influence of living with the Redeemed Gardener himself. Great job, I bet this brings you a lot of satisfaction. I had some really nice houseplants until a certain kitty decided to use them as the bathroom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That room where they are living is the perfect place for plants. Cats and houseplants, they love to terrorize our plants. Daphne doesn't bother them anymore now that they are in that room. Your plants always look great, just like your mom's.

      Delete
  3. How beautiful! And fun! Isn't it satisfying to have a houseplant actually bloom! I had rescued a couple of orchids from a friend who was moving and couldn't take them with. They hadn't bloomed in ages and they finally did for me! I was so excited and felt so smug ~ until I tried to divide them and killed them all! :~O I will have to try again, someday!
    Enjoy your newfound 'greenness'. I wonder what you will have blooming next! ;~P
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lady farmer!
      There is nothing more exiting than to see those little blooms starting to form.

      Delete
  4. Hello Dana,
    I am your newest follower. I have a black thumb for houseplants so I am very pleased to see your beautiful blooms. Your son's room must have the perfect combination of light, heat, and humidity. I wish every room was like that. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Heidi, Thank you for following my blog! His room could be called the sun room, it's the perfect room for plants. Wonder what he would think if I filled it with violets? I love violets they remind me of my grandmother and my mother.

      Delete
  5. How wonderful! Nice to meet you here in blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you too Simply Scaife, thank you for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so exciting to see blooms isn't it! Even though I've been gardening for years it still something that amazes me.

    ReplyDelete