Just a little blog to document my needlework projects and various other things along the way.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

This and That

I have been in a stitching frenzy the past few days!!  I hadn't worked on my Sampler Club Sampler since before I left for my trip and as I told you in a previous post I wasn't sure what I wanted to do next.  Going to our Sampler Club meeting always inspires me to work on my sampler.  So yesterday I organized my stash and got to work on the next portion of my Sampler.

I am so exited because I can finally see it all coming together and an end is near.  It will be a bitter sweet moment when I finish this sampler. I have been working on it diligently for a year and it is to date the largest needlework project I have ever done not to mention the most challenging as there is no pattern and much of what I have done I have just learned in the past year. 

I also wanted to share with you that I think I have finally figured out what my green silk mystery thread is!  I love this thread and have used it throughout my sampler but have been referring to it as mystery thread, well I am pretty sure it is The Thread Gatherer Silk N' Colors Marsh Grasses.  How appropriate is that name, considering how I used it to look like sea grass in one of my bands?

I didn't take any pictures of my progress yet, hopefully tomorrow I can get some taken and loaded on my blog.  So I will leave you with a video of my favorite Downton Abbey character, since I am in Downton withdrawal waiting for season 3.

5 comments:

  1. And let me tell you. Its really coming together and looking great! I am so amazed at the work that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my biggest fan!! It really is looking good you will have to take some decent photo's of it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...I'm having the withdrawal thing too! Check out my blog if you like. http://downtonabbeyrevisited.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Downton Abbey... and Grammama is my fav...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Madge, thanks for visiting my blog. I have no idea how I am going to make it until next season. I am wearing Netflix out watching Brittish mini series'.

      Delete