Just a little blog to document my needlework projects and various other things along the way.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Works In Progress

Normally I am a one at  a time kind of girl.  I don't ever like to work on more than two projects at any given time unless I am working on something to give someone.  Well somehow in the past year I have gone WIP crazy.  Yes I know some stitchers out there would laugh but this is a lot for someone who does one project and finishes it before starting a new one. 

While working on my "Mary Victor sampler", from The Examplarery,  I became aggravated because I messed up the border and I grew tired of Algerian Eyelet stitches, so I started another Sampler "Seaside Memories" By Tanya Marie Anderson "The Sampler Girl."   So no big deal, that's just two.  Then I started my Sampler Club sampler and my two project minimum flew out the window!  And now I am working on three small projects "Joyous Heart" from Homespun Elegance, The Posy Collection "Mount Hood", and a "Festival Of Trees" by Mill Hill on perforated paper. 

I have vowed to start no more projects until I finish at least a few of these.  I haven't even mentioned what I have stashed away and kitted up ready to stitch when these are finished.  They are my motivation to finish what I have started.






The WIP'S  

                                                                  Part of the Stash

6 comments:

  1. Dana!! Such eye candy showing all those WIPs and stash drawer~~~ I had the same personal challenge in 2011 and it paid off...I was able to get quite a few WIPs done.. Alot of us were able to post on the upforachallenge blog....

    You can do it!!!! Take care, FAye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faye you give me hope that it can be done!

      Delete
  2. Look at all that stuff. I am having the same problem outside. Thats why I have been out there trying to get these little projects done. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Husband you are supposed to turn a blind eye to all that stuff, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I could have written the first paragraph of this post myself! I was ALWAYS a one-at-a-time girl but for some unknown reason have been bitten by the WIP bug too. I had a terrible gut wrenching revelation the other day when someone commented on my blog about how I should be careful because my WIP's might turn in to UFO's. *gasp* I didn't think of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Peggy Lee, the UFO's, I had one that layed around here for years. It was a Thomas Kincaid and had it not been for my sister in law pusing me to drag it out and work on it before starting anything else it would have never been done.

      Delete