Just a little blog to document my needlework projects and various other things along the way.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Seaside Memories

There is nothing like a day spent at the ocean, toes in the sand, salty breezes and the surf washing over your feet.  My family has vacationed on the Outer Banks of North Carolina for the past 3 summers and we have had so much fun there and made so many great memories.  But by far the very best vacation we have ever taken was the first time we visited OBX in 2009.  I don't know why this was such a special vacation, maybe because it was my daughters first trip to the beach, our first time there or our first trip as just the four of us?  Maybe all of the above, but we all agree it was the best vacation yet, and it was special.

So when I saw Tanya Marie Anderson's "Seaside Memories" pattern I knew I had to stitch it to commemorate our special trip to the Outer Banks, it even has the date 2009 on it.  The only thing I have to change are the four initials for the four of us.  You can see the entire design here and can order it from The Sampler Girl or visit her blog here.  She has quickly become one of my favorite designers and I have a few more of her designs ready to stitch in my near future (hopefully nearer than farther)!

                                                              My progress so far.

11 comments:

  1. That was the best vacation we ever had! I can't wait til you get it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to finish it, of course I would love to make another trip down to finish it there. Although while I am there I usually don't get any stitching done for hunting sea glass all day. Oh well I guess a girl can dream, who knows things may work out that we can go back for a few days sooner than later.

      Delete
  2. What a neat design! I love to stitch things that evoke special memories. You could write something up and attach it to the back when it's framed, so your family will always remember what vacation spot it is meant to recall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has really cute designs Siobhan, I love so many of them! That is a great idea to attach a note to the back as a reminder of which vacation it commemorates! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely design, Dana! I bet it will be gorgeous when done.

    I've never been to the Outer Banks, but my favorite place to visit on the beach is Seaside, Florida, and I will be heading there over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan!

      I have never been to Florida, would love to visit there some day! Hope you have a great weekend on the beach!

      Delete
  5. Hello

    Your sampler is looking lovely.

    I enjoyed your post it reminded me of happy holidays by the sea when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sampler and I can't wait to see it completed:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Kathy, I hope to have it done some time this summer. I'm trying to get my big Sampler Club Sampler "It Is Well" done soon so it can be framed and go to our state fair in August. I'm almost done with it thank goodness!!

      Delete