Just a little blog to document my needlework projects and various other things along the way.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Some Progress And Spring Flowers

Hello and welcome to my new followers, I am so glad you are following my little blog.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!  We sure did, we started our day at church, had a delicious dinner, gorgeous weather and of course after that I fell asleep and didn't get up until 7:30 P.M., I must have been tired.

 I did get a little stitching done this weekend, my progress is very slow on my "It Is Well" sampler.  I am almost done, I have about 4 more rows of straight stitches to add to my Bargello, and I have to redo a few rows at the top below the alphabet that I am not happy with and then I will be finished.  I would love to drop this off to Patty @ Village Sampler by Friday!!  It's not looking promising since today I haven't picked up a needle.  But I have plans to work some tonight, hubby is picking up pizza on the way home and I am going to stitch away and watch the voice.  I love to stitch while watching television, sometimes I get lucky and my daughter, joins me.

Progress on "It Is Well"

There are so many pretty flowers blooming here at Maple Cottage, I took several pictures yesterday to share with you.
Bleeding Heart
Japanese Lilac
Azalea

Lilly Of The Valley




I hope you have enjoyed my spring blooms, next time I will share some pictures of the new babies living in my tree.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, beautiful work! I miss my needle so much, but really do not have time for it.... What kind of stitching technique is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Sometimes I don't have time for my needle, weeks will go by and I won't be able to stitch and I miss it so much. Hopefully you can get back to it some day. Life sure does get in the way of our hobbies sometimes.

      My favorite technique, that is a good question. I love doing Hardanger and the drawn thread embroidery. I guess after making x's for years it's nice to do something different.
      Thank you for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  2. Your sampler is looking lovely.

    Lovely photos of spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Milly!! I'm so glad to see you back I went to visit your blog several days ago and it was gone, I was hoping it was just temporary. Hope the computer is all better now!!

      Delete
  3. beautiful stitching and wonderful colors! hope you can find enough time to stitch this week. you really have the most beautiful flowers blooming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dulcinella!! There is nothing like spring flowers. I hope I can find some stitching time too, I have nothing planned tomorrow and I hope it stays that way.

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful! Love your sampler too. Thanks for visiting my blog....I can't wait to go have a look around yours.

    happy stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bleeding hearts!! We have had snow here the past 2 days and my bleeding heart looks like its flowers are all dying off. Tonight it is going down to 29 degrees so it will probably finish the flowers off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, one of my many favorites! We had frost this morning, and I believe the cold has killed 3 baby robins in our tree, one left and I am praying he makes it! Keep warm!

      Delete
  6. Great blog, cheers from Argentina!
    HD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Me too Laurie! My husband just brought in some roses from our garden, I always look forward to my roses blooming.

      Delete