Just a little blog to document my needlework projects and various other things along the way.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mary Victor Finally Finished!!

Oh dear, it has been way too long since I last posted on my blog.  Life certainly has a way of making a girl way too busy.  This year is off to a rough start.  I live in the Charleston WV area where several thousand gallons of crude MCHM (a coal cleaning chemical) leaked into our water supply, it's been challenging to say the least.  You really never appreciate something until it's gone.  Life is slowly returning to a new normal, we are still cooking with and consuming bottled water but showering, laundry and cleaning water is coming from the tap.  And I'm not going to get started on the weather. I'm ready for spring, it can't come soon enough.  The crocus's have started to come up,  can't wait to see their little purple blooms.

I have finished several projects since my last post. I'm going to try to post them a little at a time over the coming weeks. Today I will share with you my Mary Victor reproduction sampler that is finally finished and framed.  It took me long enough but it was worth it, I couldn't be more pleased with this piece.  And the frame looks amazing!  Pat, at Village Sampler in St. Albans WV, picked the frame and did an amazing job framing it.  It looks old and weathered and the pictures don't do it justice.  Wish you could see it in person.






I hope all of you that stumble upon my blog are doing well.  Hopefully we will have mild weather and spring flowers very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment